Saturday, May 2, 2015

Boggs NorCal Championships

Varsity start.
The NorCal League Championships usually take place at Boggs Mountain and always proves to be the most enjoyable race of the season with camping, awesome trails, and fun times.  After racing here last year I have been looking forward to coming back as the trails are the most technically challenging and fun of the high school season.  They are very similar to what me and the rest of the Nevada Union MTB Team race and train on the rest of the year.  During practice the trails had a layer of dust on top of the hardpack tread and with some rain the night before the race conditions were all time.

Boggs is butter!
 Coming into the race 4th overall I was looking forward to what the day would bring.  At the end of a long, hard, but fun day of racing I finished 9th in Varsity which was consistent with my previous results of the season and landed me in 7th place overall a result I am completely happy with.  The Nu Miners also finished 4th as a team in D1 which is a very solid result.


  The high school racing season is coming to a close and it has been great to race against so many fast and inspiring students athletes this year, I can not wait for California State Championships at Los Olivos as well as the Nevada City Dirt Classic and the kickoff to the California Enduro Series, Battleborn on Peavine mountain which all take place in the next couple of weeks.

Start line.

The Varsity boys line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment