Saturday, May 2, 2015

NorCal Race #4 Petaluma

Photo cred Robert Lowe.
The fourth stop of the NICA NorCal League race series took place in Petaluma, California at a new venue on a private ranch.  The course was a wide machine made trail with a handful of completely blown out off camber corners on the descents, and I would have to say it was my least favorite course I have raced on yet.

The course was not lacking in physical beauty.
Despite the course not fitting with my riding style I felt good on race day and managed to finish 7th in the very competitive Varsity boys category.

Varsity train.
I was staged in the second row and was able to hammer behind some fast guys for most of the race and I am very happy with my result which put me in 4th place overall going into NorCal Championships at Boggs Mountain.  Even though I was not super excited about the race course I would like to thank the property owners and the NorCal League for putting on this event and all of the other races that open up new opportunities to hundreds of youths.

Sprint to the finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment